Company and Commercial Law
Vertex strives to ensure that clients avoid the expense and stress of litigation. The firm seeks to provide start to finish advice suppliers with well-drafted agreements that aim to mitigate the cost of disputes and provide clients with the confidence that comes with understanding exactly what is expected from them.
The firm can provide comprehensive legal advice in connection with:
- Incorporation of companies, trusts and non-governmental organisations
- Post incorporation activities in companies
- Security documents
- Registration of the documents
- Registration of Business Names
- Supply and distribution agreements
- Commercial agency agreements
- Outsourcing agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- Franchising and licensing
- Agreements for the provision of services
- Confidentiality agreements
- Heads of terms
- General commercial contracts
- Standard Terms and Conditions
Company Secretarial Services
Vertex offers flexible company secretarial and corporate governance assistance to all types of companies. The services range from basic statutory compliance to the Companies Act and other national and International Regulations, Registration and Regulatory requirements.
Secretarial services offered include:
- Organising, attending and keeping record of companies meetings;
- Preparing and updating company registers;
- Regularizing company records;
- Filing annual returns; and,
- Provision of advice for all post incorporation activities
Vertex offers pre-eminent practice for its employment and industrial relations partners. The firm advises on a range of complex issues and is particularly strong in the litigation field. Vertex generally acts for corporate employers in matters such as collective bargaining and industrial action. Vertex partners are well versed in labour law and authored a principle textbook on Labour Law and Employment which is a source book.
Vertex is committed to upholding standards of ethics, excellence and justice for clients to ensure appropriate reward and or measure is provided in labour disputes.
Some of the services offered by Vertex include:
- Employment Policies, Agreement and contracts;
- Handling employment disputes, claims of unfair dismissal, all forms of harassment, discrimination and breach of contract;
- Workforce management and operations such as performance, misconduct, long term absences;
- Remuneration and reward, disclosure obligations and termination payments;
- Post-employment restraints;
- Workforce restructuring, consultations, redeployment and redundancies;
- Industrial relation strategy development; Transfer of employees, outsourcing, in sourcing, workforce integration;
- Workplace investigations;
- Work health and safety compliance, due diligence obligations, training, workplace incident response; and
- Independent contractor regimes.
Intellectual property law
Vertex is a Trade and Service Marks and Patents agent and provides a complete range of legal services for clients facing intellectual property issues. The firm assists clients active in the technology sector to protect and maximize the potential value of their intellectual property assets. Vertex also aids clients in all industries with any matter that incorporates aspects of intellectual property.
Vertex provides advice and representation in relation to:
- Filing trademark applications
- Advising on trademarks
- Filing notices of opposition
- Instituting and defending trademark cases
- Drafting assignments of trademarks
Conducting IP audits which includes IP assets such as:
- Intellectual property licenses,
- in-house work manuals,
- databases, franchise agreements,
- publications and product
- Drafting and advise on drafting patent
- Filing patent applications
- Instituting and defending patent cases
- Filing copyright applications
- Dealing with all competition matters
Vertex provides advisory services in banking matters. We provide advice regarding establishment of new banks in Tanzania in which we assist our clients in company formation up to the level of obtaining banking license.
- Lender-liability counseling and defense
- Customer litigation
- Regulatory compliance
- Security documentation,
- Registration of securities documents
- Handling recovery cases
The Firm deals with conveyance of real property and other related transactions.
Vertex provides legal services on mining ranging from advising clients on all mining matters up to procuring necessary licenses.
Vertex represents clients on immigration services ranging from securing all types of permits and other relevant matters.
Vertex represents our clients in court in all matters civil and criminal cases; we represent clients in magistrates’ courts, Tribunals up to the Court of Appeal.
Mergers and acquisitions
Vertex provides advice on mergers and acquisitions.